While working on a problem recently, I needed to enable the MS SQL extensions in WAMP. It turned out to be more complicated than simply hitting the checkbox in the Extensions menu…
I found this great post which explained the process.. http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/get-wamp-work-mssql-673301/
The basic Idea is;
- Download ntwdblib.dll: HERE
- Click on the WAMP icon -> PHP -> PHP Extensions then check “php_mssql” and “php_pdo_mssql”. (Wamp will restart and give you few errors, ignore them)
- Restart WAMP one more time to ensure settings are saved.
- Finally, place ntwdblib file in the two following directories:
wampbinphpphp5.3.1 (Or the directory relating to whichever version of PHP you are currently using)
wampbinapacheapache2.2.11bin (Or the directory relating to whichever version of Apache you are currently using)
- Restart wampserver, and you’re finished!
Hopefully this helps somebody else too!